The Burrell Collection
Ranked amongst the most significant civic museum collections in the UK
Storm ID has been working in partnership with Glasgow Life since 2009. We were delighted to create a new website to present The Burrell Collection to support the re-opening of this incredible collection and are excited about future development of the website.
The phase 1 website launched in August 2021 with the priority content providing information on the renovation, top collection items and how to donate.
Re-establish The Burrell Collection as one of the must-see museums in the UKHousing a collection that is one of the greatest ever amassed by a single collector. Promoting the museum as part of the Pollok Country Park visitor destination, including the café, as a retail destination and for commercial hire opportunities.
Promote the temporary exhibitions and events programmeProviding information on key collection areas, the history of The Burrell Collection, the refurbishment project, and the variety of exhibitions and events at the museum.
Establish a site for future growth and developmentThis phase focussed on supporting the re-launch of The Burrell Collection ahead of future website development to support retail and collections integration.
With over 9,000 objects making up the collection, the website highlights the top 30 must-see paintings and objects to view when you visit the museum.
The website promotes the opportunities to donate to the museum and membership and patronage opportunities.
Plan your visit
With The Burrell Collection reopening for visitors, information on how to visit the museum including galleries, digital displays and events, is key.
- Understand the needs and requirements of The Burrell Collection
- User needs, groups and journeys
- Information architecture
- Events integration definition
- Functional requirements
- A single Umbraco instance to support both Tramway and The Burrell Collection
- Build pipelines and code repos for each site
- Images/documents library for each site
- User access tailored to one or both environments
- SEO and paid media recommendations
- Implementing analytics framework to measure website performance
Testing and Handover
- Functional and non-functional testing
- CMS training and set up for content governance procedures
Get in Touch
If you're ready to transform your digital services or require a new CMS, get in touch and we can discuss your requirements.