UCI Cycling World Championships
Umbraco was selected to provide flexible templates and components to facilitate the evolution of the website moving from before, during, and after the event. The Microsoft Azure hosting infrastructure has also been configured to support significant spikes in traffic, which are expected as part of the ticket sales launch and during the event itself in August 2023.
The website has been integrated with MailChimp to facilitate newsletters and communications about ticket launches and further event information. It also invites users to apply for jobs and volunteering opportunities, and engage with inspirational videos and stories from amateur and professional cyclists across Scotland.
Flexible event and venue information pages provides everything the audience needs to know including information about the event itself with image galleries and fun facts, venue information encompassing Google Maps integration, promotion of the existing champions in a specific discipline, and broader information about the specific host regions across Scotland. The site also features a countdown timer on all pages.
A schedule overview was built for users to have a single overview of the events, dates, and venues that take place during the 11 days of the championships.
- Understand the key user needs and business requirement
- Content analysis and production of website content model
- Information architecture and Treejack testing
- Functional requirement gathering
- Umbraco CMS development work
- Set up of secure and scalable cloud hosting solution in Azure to cope with traffic spikes
- Integration of MailChimp newsletter forms
- Signposts to ecommerce and ticketing sites
- Implementing analytics framework to measure website performance
- Implementing SEO recommendations to establish search result rankings
Testing and Handover
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Spike, load and soak testing aligned with predicted traffic peaks
- CMS training and set up for content governance procedures
Get in Touch
If you're ready to transform your digital services or require a new CMS, get in touch and we can discuss your requirements.