Providing a voice for consumers in Scotland
Reduce harm to, and increase confidence for consumers
Increase the extent to which consumer matters are taken into account by public authorities in Scotland
Promote sustainable consumption and practices while also advocating inclusion, fairness, prosperity, and other aspects of wellbeing
Storm ID was appointed to develop and deliver a new website and brand identity, as well as ongoing hosting, maintenance and support. The project focused on accessible design, SEO and Google Analytics best practice and training, and robust and secure application and infrastructure configuration using the modern open-source Umbraco CMS and Microsoft Azure.
Creation of a new brand identity with simple user guidelines for the Consumer Scotland team. Outputs included a logo, colour palette, and fonts for use on the new website.
Storm ID and Consumer Scotland working collaboratively to produce content. This also included training to have the correct tone of voice in place and allow for knowledge sharing for content creation after launch.
Extensible front endA comprehensive stack of content types and components for Consumer Scotland to flexibly build website pages such as document lister, contact form, feedback form, notification banner, among others.
Umbraco provides flexible content types and components for building out pages. This allows administrators to easily add new content as its developed.
As a new statutory and independent body for consumers, one of the key goals of the site is to help consumers with resources to support for general advice, financial advice and more.
The News content type allows for Consumer Scotland to publish the latest updates around the new body to inform visitors.
- Content Design and Design worked in tandem with Consumer Scotland to produce Adobe XD wireframes showing real content in-situ
- Creation of a new brand identity
- Storm ID’s first site developed in Umbraco 9, the latest version at the time of build
- Building a range of flexible content types and templates to ensure the site can grow
- Implementing analytics framework to measure website performance
- Implementing SEO recommendations to establish search result rankings
Testing and Handover
- Facilitated a penetration test through a CREST approved third party supplier
- Functional and non-functional testing
Get in Touch
If you're ready to transform your digital services or require a new CMS, get in touch and we can discuss your requirements.