Scottish National Investment Bank
For a stronger, fairer, more sustainable Scotland
Storm ID was appointed as digital partner to design, develop and deliver the Bank’s website. Working in collaboration with an internal team at the Bank, and Freytag Anderson who developed the brand, the website for the Bank needed to succinctly set out what the Bank does, including its mission-led approach in supporting Scotland’s transition to net zero by 2045, building communities and promoting equality by 2040 and harnessing innovation to enable Scotland’s people to flourish by 2040
Project the Bank’s brand and value propositionAs a new entity, the website would be among the first communication seen by the Bank’s audiences. Therefore, the website would need to project and establish the Bank’s brand identity and tone of voice, making it distinct from government and enterprise agencies.
Engage audiencesAs a new entity, established to operate commercially, and operate independently from government, the Bank would need to communicate to a broad audience including businesses, projects and communities, through to the public and the media too.
Generate qualified enquiriesThe Bank is looking to generate qualified enquiries through the website, from businesses, projects and communities seeking investment support (not grant funding or sub-commercial investment) so articulating what the Bank funds, and does not fund, is important.
Content Management SystemImplement a content management system to underpin the Bank’s digital infrastructure, providing a basis for ongoing development as the Bank’s objectives evolve and as user needs change too.
The project demanded accurate delivery at pace and the website was delivered in 8 weeks.
Use of bold photography, reflecting what Scotland is known for is juxtaposed with photography that sets out Scotland’s ambitions as they align with the missions of the Bank.
Implemented to provide the Bank with full capabilities to scale the content and extend functionality as the Bank develops over time.
User Experience and Content Design
- Understand user needs and definition of a content model
- Definition and iteration of information architecture, taxonomy, content types, micro formats and target user journeys
- Implementing user feedback recommendations and accessibility update
- Low fidelity HTML prototype illustrating core user experience, content model and key functionality
- High fidelity HTML prototype incorporating brand identity, photography and interaction design
- Integration of the user experience and seeding of content in Umbraco CMS
- Umbraco CMS development work
- Implementing SEO recommendations to establish search result rankings
- Implementing analytics framework to measure website performance
- Accessibility audit
Testing and Handover
- Functional, non-functional, load and security testing
- Testing the website with target end users
- CMS training and set up for content governance procedures
Get in Touch
If you're ready to transform your digital services to generate sales leads and grow e-commerce revenues, get in touch and we can discuss your requirements.